Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Super Shopping

The new Super Wal Mart opened in my town last week, amid glorious fanfare. Well, if you count an inflatable Energizer Bunny and our local high school band as glorious.

Anyway, I went on opening day. Wow. I've been in Super Wal Marts before, but my word. This thing is HUNIMBOUS*. There's a Home Depot next door (of course, they come in pairs) and you could probably fit two of that store in the Wal Mart.

I went again on Sunday for grocery shopping. I have to say, I've been looking forward to it finally being open so I don't have to go one place for groceries and another place for shampoo, soap, golf balls, etc. I noticed that, even though the food prices were a bit higher than the grocery store, I ended up spending less because I didn't have to go to two places. I tend to get glassy-eyed in Wal Mart and buy a lot of stuff I don't need. But, if I hit the food side first and buy ice cream, I will tend to spend less time browsing in the shoes, nail polish or home decor departments so my ice cream doesn't melt.

*Hunimbous is a word my daughter made up when she was 2. It is a mix (I think) of huge and ginormous.

No comments: