Tuesday, January 15, 2008

5 Mile Training Diary, Days 1 and 2

This diary started off yesterday as a funny email to my running partner, Kristen. I think I'll use it occasionally to keep you updated on my progress.

Monday's Entry:

Dear Diary -

Today is my first day of intense training for the 5 mile run in two months. I ate a yummy Lean Cuisine Panini sandwich and SunChips for lunch. I'm really looking forward to running on the treadmill tonight. My goal is to run two miles by the beginning of next week and try to average about 11 - 12 minutes each mile.

Okay, seriously, who I am kidding? I'll be lucky to run 11 minutes and not fall off.

Here goes nothing.

Love, Kim

********

Tuesday's Entry:

Dear Diary:

On Monday I briskly walked/ran/briskly walked 1.3 miles on the treadmill in about 20 minutes. I kept my speed at 3 to 4.5 MPH. I tried to run at 5 MPH and I scared me. I wanted to keep up but my feet had other plans. However, I didn't fall down. Or pass out. Yay me. I also ate healthy for dinner - I had a grilled chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell but only ate half. I did not eat nachos. Or cinnamon crisps. Okay, one. But it was small.

I was feeling very good and proud of me. I had done much better than I thought I would. I was looking forward to getting back into the groove of exercising and feeling better. That feeling lasted until my dim witted f-nut of an ex-husband called and ruined my evening.

I maintained my resolve of healthy eating, and did not ravage the bag of Munchie Mix, even though it was calling me in that seductive voice - "I'm open, I'm here, I don't judge." However, after 15 phone calls (I do not exaggerate), an unexpected arrival of aforementioned DWFN on my front porch, DWFN exiting the premises and slamming the door, causing my doorbell housing to detach from the wall, and yet more phone calls, the adrenaline was too much for me and I had a small piece of leftover sausage pizza. I needed the protein because I was feeling shaky.

So, Diary, I will be running again tonight, and I hope to run at least a mile and a half tonight in under 30 minutes.

The ex can suck it.

Love, Kim

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm so proud of you! My treadmill has been calling me for weeks. Knees are too shot to run, but my goal is to be NASCAR ready by July. Hopefully not too long for me to procrastinate it away :) You go girl!!!

Nancy R said...

Go You!

How are those paninni's? They look good in the photo, but I'm afraid they'll let me down.

Anonymous said...

OMG that was hilarious!

MP said...

I LOVE thos paninni's..the chicken club is my fav!
..LOL..I only had a small one and it didn't count..LOL