Monday, January 7, 2008

Choices

I've been thinking about choices today. It started this morning as I was trying to decide whether or not to get out of bed and go to work. (Steel Magnolias was on TNT last night and I was up past midnight watching it. 900 channels and I pick a movie I've seen 900 times. ) I chose to get up and get dressed. Yay me.

(And what's up with the 900 channels and nothing to watch? I'd watch a DVD but I'd have to decide which one. )

Now what to wear? Thank goodness my choices were limited as I have chosen to avoid doing laundry.

Lunchtime- oh no. Where to go? What to have? At the deli downstairs, it was a veritable smorgasbord of food. The drink case alone was a rainbow of colors - juice and tea and colored water. Did I want a ham and cheese sandwich? Or roast beef? Oooh, salad! But what kind? Winter greens? Cobb? Fried chicken? (Which looked good but then I saw the tomatoes and boiled egg. Ugh.) I chose the roast beef sandwich. Now for chips - baked or fried? Cheese or plain? Sour cream? Jalepeno? Pretzels or Cheez-It's? *head explodes*

I'm also in the process of choosing a new paint color for my bathroom. Why do they name these colors after food? As you can see, I have enough trouble picking lunch. I'm deciding among Biscuit, Vannilin (which I assume is a clever spelling of vanilla), and Spun Sugar. I did stumble across a color called Nonchalant White. I want a decisive paint color, thankyouverymuch. As I am not decisive.

In high school, we had a foreign exchange student who was from Czechoslovakia (yeah, it was 20 years ago). She said she was amazed the first time she went a grocery store in America - we had options beyond belief. But sometimes I think maybe we have too many. How many brands of green beans do we need, really?

I was also trying to decide what my topic today would be. I have some ideas boinging around in my head that I'm going to try to expand in the next few days. I also wrote them down so I wouldn't forget. (See my previous post and if I knew how to link to it I would. PS -thanks to those of you offering me technical help.)

So anyway. Thanks for choosing to read my blog today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I am loving your Blog more an' more. You go girl, your strength is growing every day.

Been there, sorta, with you.

Janelle

Tara said...

I'm horrible at making the lunch decision. My former co-workers and I called 8:30AM-11:30AM "lunch decision time." Yeah, we never decided (if we ever did) until 1 or 2. Heh.

I too have Directv, and spent yesterday watching Steel Magnolias. TBS can hook you in like that.

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

We do have too many choices.

There are so many options - even for a minor thing - it gets hard to make a decision in complete confidence.

I can't help but second guess myself; I'd rather just make a decision and move on.

Anonymous said...

Choices make life hard, and paint colors is one of the worst. Too bad they don't make the paint scratch and sniff too. That might help make the decision too. But i'm afraid if that were the case, my entire house would be painted chocolate and coffee colors.

I love Steel Magnolias. Even as a chick flick tear jerker, it's so full of awesome one liners that it's funny, too. "I do love me a good piece of ass. Thank you, Ouiser." And yes, i had to look up how to spell that name.