Monday, January 28, 2008

Quarantined

I've had a cold for the last few days. It started out with a headache, runny nose and scratchy throat for a day or two, and then the throat pain went away and I felt better. I was sneezing but I wasn't as, shall we say, runny as I had been. I thought I was on the road to recovery by Friday.

WRONG! I think I went through two boxes of tissue this weekend. My eyes water, I sneeze two or three times in a row, and I can't stop blowing my nose. Ugh.

We went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner last night. It was my first time. I ordered chicken marsala, and it came with a side of spaghetti with browned butter and Mizithra cheese. I had no idea what it was but it looked like grated parmesan or romano, so I thought I was safe. (I can't eat certain kinds of cheese or dairy, it makes me horribly ungodly sick). It was delicious. I found out, after I ate ALL of it, that it's goat cheese. Of course - that's why it was so good. I made it home, but I was miserable for two hours.

After I finally went to bed, Maddy woke me up at 2 am to report that she'd upchucked. In the living room. And she'd had fettucine and salad for dinner. I love being a parent.

I hate when my kids are sick, especially this kind of sick. I can't do anything for them, other than hold their hair back, give them a cold washcloth for the back of their neck, and rub their backs. Sometimes, mommy medicine is all they need.

It's been almost an hour since her last visit to the bathroom. Hopefully she's on the road to recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope both of you are on the road to recovery! Its one thing when your sick but when the kids get sick too, its almost unbearable. Hears to a good nap for both of you and a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Seems to be going around alot these days.Hope you two start to feel better real soon. I'm with you, all we can do is hold the hair back and tell them it will be ok.:(
PS. I'm on my tread mill tonight, are you?