Monday, January 14, 2008

Running Down a Dream

I have Tom Petty on the brain today, probably because he's doing the Super Bowl halftime show. No chance of a wardrobe malfunction there (please God!). Anyway, the song title fits what I wanted to write about today - running, and a dream.

I wrote a previous post about my dream where my daughter called me. I told a couple of my close friends about it, and they also had dreams about my girls, around the same time I did. I'm more convinced they my girls were just checking in and saying hey, we're good. Thanks to all of you who told me your stories too.

As for running, I also mentioned earlier that I was thinking of running in the 5 mile St. Pat's Day Run. Well, I've got a running partner now, so I guess I better get moving, literally. My training so far has involved...nothing. The run is in two months. I start tonight in earnest, but not too earnest. I don't want to pull a hammie or anything. Mmmm, ham...oh, yeah, running.

I've been lazy about my eating and exercising habits and I need to get out of this rut. I feel tired and generally blah when I get up in the mornings, and my energy isn't what I know it can be. When I eat better and work out, I feel better. So, I'm cracking the whip on myself. I need all the help I can get to feel good again.

5 comments:

MP said...

It's like a circle..you feel good when you eat right and excercise..but when you don't feel good you don't feel like excercising..I've been doing this circle for about 20 years..I'm not sure how to stop...

Anonymous said...

You can do it!
I'm supposed to go to the gym in 45minutes. I'm gonna go, but man, I HATE thinking about it right now.
I'm going to love it when it's over. I'm going to love it when it's over. I'm going to love it when it's over.

Anonymous said...

I find it so beautiful that your friends and you dreamt of your girls around the same time. I have been hesitating about writing in regards to your dream. It really sounds like they are together and happy whereever they are.
I hope you aren't offended, but I would really like to refer you to someone I know who does work with those who have passed on. She worked with a friend of mine who lost her daughter to Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 11 about 3 or 4 years ago. And of course, I understand if I sound like a looney and you choose to disregard my offer.
Many Blessins for you and Maddy, I enjoy sharing your journey and keep you both in my thoughts.
raven@dianasgrove.com

Zookeeper said...

You can handle that run. I did it on a whim one year when a friend asked me to join her. I didn't train beforehand and I wouldn't say I'm in great shape either. That said - I would recommend training. It would have made things a whole lot easier. It's also nice to have a reason to get out of that rut we all fall into after the holidays. Have fun running...and running...and running!

Anonymous said...

At this time, running could be the metaphor of your life. By putting each foot in front of the other -- forward (whether walking or running)...you are doing just that -- going forward. For your health, your sanity, you grief, everything. By taking those steps, you are getting healthier (for what you still have to do in life) and with each step, you will get stronger. And doing it in their memory will only aid in your training and recovery. God bless. -- ksyinokc