Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day

Normally when the weatherman calls for inclement weather, I don't get excited. It's generally more of a hassle. However, today is different. I feel like a kid looking for a free day off school. When I saw it was snowing at 11:30, I was stoked!

I haven't worked a full week since November 19. After the funeral, I went back to work 3 days a week, but then Christmas and New Year's were in there. I planned to go back full time after New Year, but then I got sick that week. The next week I had a doctor appointment, and the following week was MLK Day and the coroner's hearing. I really thought I would work all five days this week, but Maddy was sick on Monday. And now we're done with January. Perhaps I can work five days straight in February.

So why do I need a free day off, you ask? Well, even though I was home Monday, with Maddy sick (and I didn't feel so hot either), it's not like I got anything done, housework wise. Actually we curled up on the couch and watched TV and dozed off and on. I've been busy every night this week so I haven't had time to do laundry or clean. I'm going to my dad's this weekend for his birthday, so I'd like to have clean underwear. A friend is house-sitting for me while I'm gone, so I should probably clean the bathroom so he doesn't think I'm living in squalor. I did my taxes last night so my paperwork is scattered all over my dining room table.

Ergo, if we're off tomorrow because of the snow, I can do laundry and clean and straighten up and get some stuff done. Hopefully Maddy will be off school, so I don't have to get up early. I don't think it's a day off if I still have to get up, you know?

If you have to be out in the snow, be careful. If you don't have to be out in the snow, try to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm right there with ya! PRAYING for no work tomorrow. I feel like I'm 10 years old. I keep checking the online weather channel. It looks like the 2nd wave is really going to dump on us! YAAAAAAY!

Nancy R said...

"SNOW DAY! SNOW DAY!" Is the current chant here tonight.

thethinker said...

It's too bad we don't get snow days down here in Texas.