Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday Bites - The Food Edition

I'm eating gummi bears right now - the Haribo brand from Hungary. They are sooooo good. My favorites are the clear and the orange. I bought them last week when I was having a craving for sweets but decided to forgo the calories from chocolate. Yeah, I know, I read the nutrition info on the back of the bag - I could have had a Snickers. But gummi bears make me happy. I made this bag last for several days. That Snickers never stood a chance.

**************

I need to learn to cook for two. I love to cook, and I'm Southern, so cooking for a crowd is how I roll. Even when it was the five of us, I still had a lot of leftovers. I'm learning to scale back, but I still make too much. I will eat leftovers for lunch, but my kids never really cottoned to the idea of eating something two days in a row. Except macaroni and cheese.

*************

I had sushi for lunch today. I haven't had it in a long time, and I finally got my friend to go to this restaurant downtown - San Sai. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in my tempura roll - it was a little too fishy for my taste. My spicy chicken bowl was tasty, though. Maybe I'll try the California roll next time.

**************

Do you think some foods are seasonal? I love white chili, but I can't see myself eating it in the summer. Conversely, I love pasta salad but I never eat it in winter.

************

I put a beef roast in my crock-pot this morning so we're having Italian beef for dinner. I can't wait. My house will smell deeeevine when I get home.

***********

Running update - 1.5 miles in 24 minutes last night. At this pace, I can finish the five miles just about the time they run out of beer.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I love San Sai! I've only been there once though. Next time you go, let me know! I'll meet you!

Anonymous said...

Great job on continuing your running! Who cares about pace? You're running! That's all that matters. I'm training for the STL Marathon and have been in a funk the last week...not running my scheduled runs. I'm blaming the weather. Humph.

MP said...

I like the red gummi bears..but black licorice..

I love beef in a crock pot..YUM...

Cooking for 2 is very difficult..I can't do it either..and I hate left overs, this drives my husband nuts...

Anonymous said...

when you want to go for sushi again let me know I'll take you to a cool place in the CWE...