Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday Bites - The Lawn Boy Edition

The last few times I've cut my grass, it seemed to need cutting again rather quickly. So I took a look at the mower and realized the wheels were still set high from last fall. D'oh! Problem solved. I am so smart. *eyeroll*

***************

I am very excited about my new (well, new to me) electric weed whacker. I couldn't get the old gas one started so my yard was looking unkempt around the edges. But no more!! My Sugar brought me his old electric one and I zipped through weeds, grass and ivy like a hot knife through butter!

************

Yard work is instant gratification - overgrown lawn? One pass with the mower and voila! All evenly cut and smooth. Empty pile of dirt? Add some mulch and flowers and bang! Instant color and texture.

************

I like doing yard work. It is rewarding to sit on the porch with a cold beer and admire the fruits of your labors. That being said, I did hire a my babysitter's son to clean out the ivy and limbs from behind my shed. However, once it's clean I will pretty it up. I'm thinking white gravel and maybe a couple of potted plants for color.

**********

My goal tomorrow is to rebuild the flower bed in my front yard. The dogs and I need to be out of the house while my carpets are being cleaned, so hopefully it will be nice weather. I'm using the old bricks from the backyard to re-do the flower bed border, and then cleaning out the old mulch and replanting flowers and laying out new mulch. Pictures, you ask? Why of course!!

********

Enjoy your Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a ton of gardening that needs doing, if you're that fond of it...

(sigh)

Enjoy my Wednesday? But it's Thursday now!!!

Cheffie-Mom said...

I have 5 acres if your interested lol!! Hope your having a wonderful wordless Wednesday!! Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows. What was I thinking?? Hah! Maybe it is a good thing I wasn't thinking! If you get a minute, check it out. I'd love to hear what you think. I am inviting all my blog friends over for feedback. http://www.dishingwithdebbie.com Your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Sponsors are donating neat prizes like chocolate baskets and mini-chef aprons and way cool cookery stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.

Zookeeper said...

I have always felt the same way about cutting the lawn. I love it! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but he's happy that I do it. I don't usually even want him to mow the lawn. In my opinion, he just doesn't do as good a job as I do!