Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Like a Good Neighbor

A couple of months ago, I drove to my dad's house at the Lake of the Ozarks. On that trip I got not one, but two rock chips in my windshield. I called my insurance agent, filed a comprehensive claim, and got my windshield replaced.

About two weeks ago, I was involved in a fender-bender. Again, I called my agent, filed the collision claim, and got my car fixed. It took over a week, due to the body shop not ordering all the parts. Luckily I have rental car coverage on my insurance policy, so I'm not out any money. (Side note to Enterprise - please make your cars non-smoking. Although the Sirus radio is nice. Okthxbai.)

I went to my dad's this past weekend. As I was driving down the interstate, a tractor-trailer in front of me had a blowout, and the tire remnants flew into the grill and hood of my car, bending my license plate in half, and cracking the bumper. In addition to scaring the everloving crap out of me, I had to call my agent AGAIN, file a claim AGAIN, and do without my car for a few days AGAIN.

Luckily I have an awesome insurance agent. She has been my agent for over 15 years. When we moved here from Texas, we needed a local State Farm agent. I opened the phone book, picked her name because she was closest to where we lived, and the rest is insurance history.

When my daughters died, she brought me lasagna and changed her sign outside her office to ask for for prayers for our family. She's like family to me, and I'm glad to call her a friend.

Like a good neighbor, Elisa is there.

4 comments:

Marrdy said...

Wow, that's a lot of accidents. Glad everything was minor and you are OK. God bless friends!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome to know. Nice to see a business w/ a heart. AND good to know that their money is where there mouth is..

You need a driver.. :-)

spadamchrist said...

Good neighbors are usually unappreciated, but that doesn’t mean that they’re unnoticed. They are usually just taken for granted. People usually don’t comment that they have a good neighbor, but they will comment when they have a bad one, or when they have a neighbor that doesn’t socialize. A good neighbor or a bad neighbor.Keep reading for tips on being a better neighbor.
-------------------------------------
jacksen
Social Advertising

Anonymous said...

Luckily your agent is so awesome. You seem to be a magnet for trouble. Be careful of State Farm though. We made three claims in 18 months on our homeowner's insurance and they dropped us, despite our agent's efforts to keep us. And our claims didn't amount to more than $3000. It was frequency, not value, but we didn't have 15 years history with them like you do. Hopefully they don't treat you the same way.