Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Clickin' It Old Skool

When I was young, my Mammaw got a Polaroid camera. Back in the day, those were the best cameras. No more taking a few random shots just to finish a roll, no more waiting a week or more for developing. Now, just load in this square cartridge, push a button, listen for the "clickwhrrrr" and out came the picture. It was dark at first, but just shake it for a few minutes and magically the image appeared.




Now Polaroids are going the way of the cassette tape, being replaced by digital cameras. For those of you wishing for the good ol' days, now you can have them again, complete with the sound effects.


Thanks to Dana, I also am addicted to Poladroid. Simply download the software, drag and drop your existing picture file and "clickwhrrr" out comes your image. You can even "shake" it on your desktop. Here are a couple of shots I've done in the last few minutes.









I guess eventually, everything old is new again.

7 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

I love it!
They even got the color right!

Unknown said...

How fun!! I'll have to try it out!!

minniemama68 said...

I love Polaroid. I wish I had some technical expertise. Gah!!!

Unknown said...

I love old Polaroids too. Very fun.

Also, love your current header photo.

Sh. said...

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Jill of All Trades said...

I bought one for our daughters wedding last March and some extra film. It was great. We had it at the reception door and a special book. We took the guests picture, placed them in the book and they signed in with the picture. It was awesome. My grandmother too had lots and lots of cameras but she could never get one of them to work right. It was the running joke about her and cameras. When she died and they cleaned out the house I think they found 6 or 7 instimatic and poloroid cameras, all not functional.

Anonymous said...

I've played with the app a bit, too, and passed it on to a bunch of people on twitter last night!

It's fun and I never even had a Polaroid.

Since I didn't have anything else ready to go, I posted my favorite shot on my blog today, too.