Friday, January 16, 2009

That's How Much She Loves Me

Maddy said to me, "Mom, if you were lost, I would ride and ride my bike until I found you, because that's how much I love you. I don't care how long it takes, I would keep riding."

This was said in such a serious and earnest tone, I was very touched.

So I replied, "Maddy, if you were lost I would ride and ride until I found you too. That's how much I love you."

She retorted, "I have to ride my bike because I can't drive yet, Mom! I could find you faster if I drove."

And that is how much she loves me.

8 comments:

Zookeeper said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.... the Logic.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dorsey,

"That's How Much She Loves Me" is so precious.

I am so deeply saddened for you and your family because of the deaths of Jessica and Kelli. I’m writing to you for a specific reason. I'm the executive director of PursuitSAFETY. Our organization's policy is that we do not initiate contact with family members of victims unless it is necessary. I recently interviewed Director Trent for an article about the ISP policy. This article will be posted on the PursuitSAFETY website and in our next e-newsletter. This is one of those times when I needed to contact the family. If you would like to see the article before its published, please send me an email. PursuitSAFETY’s media manager is reviewing the article. I expect her to return it to me no later than Thursday.

Great sorrow for your loss,
Candy Priano
vips.pursuitsafety@yahoo.com

Marrdy said...

Maddy is such a sweetheart!

minniemama68 said...

Maddy sounds like a sweet and very fun girl. You are blessed.

Sh. said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Zip n Tizzy said...

She's committed.
What a wonderful girl.

MaLeah said...

In all my 3rd trimester pregnancy glory, decked out in an X-Large t-shirt that is busting at the seams and gray knit pajama pants, I sat at the computer and balled when I read this post! :)