Tuesday, March 31, 2009

After The Rain

It's been raining here today. This gray weather matches my mood lately.

It's been a month since I've been out of work. I've sent out 985 resumes and I've gotten zero response. Zee. Row. It's kind of depressing and I can't help but feel unwanted. Yes, I know that many thousands of others feel this way too but this is my blog so I can wallow momentarily.

I've been trying to keep busy with catching up on the wedding details and the girls' fundraiser planning. I've called repeatedly to book the fundraiser venue and no one has called me back. Let's add more frustration to my plate, shall we?

However, today when I called the venue, I got someone on the phone, and booked the room. (July 19, 6pm to 11pm, details forthcoming). I also followed up on the applications for which I have contact information (which isn't many). I didn't get anything concrete yet but I feel like I've done something proactive. I also sucessfully designed and made my wedding bouquet. I was quite impressed with me.

As the afternoon progresses, the sun has started peeking through the clouds, and when it does, my surrounding are brightened and bathed in warm light. It lifts my mood as well.

10 comments:

Raquita said...

it will get better ma! Keep your head up - We'll have to get togeher for a drink or soemthing soon.

Frogdancer said...

I have nothing of any concrete help to offer.

Big virtual hug!! Something will turn up. The next time you're watching Dr Phil and Oprah during the day, think of me.

You're living the dream, baby! I only get to do that on the holidays... I loves me some junk tv...

Marrdy said...

I can imagine you are getting frustrated. Hang in there..something will turn up!

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Glad to know I'm in good company. Nobody wants to hire me either. ):

Jill of All Trades said...

Sorry the job hunt has been bust so far but there will be brighter days...Wedding here you come!

Zookeeper said...

It's another beautiful day today. Let's take that as a sign of good things to come for you. Hang in there!

Jaelithe said...

Oh, I wish I could just give jobs all of my friends who don't have jobs right now. This is so frustrating to watch. I know you're brilliant and responsible. Someone should really hire you.

It's really not you-- keep remembering that. It's just this terrible economy. It's not that people don't want to hire you. It's that people are scared to hire anyone.

Kelli said...

I'm sorry it's been such a struggle. I'm praying you find something quickly.

Anonymous said...

Maybe that special thing that's meant for you to do is worth the wait. Keep the faith and have fun during the time off!

Gregg said...

Have you considered starting your own business? In some ways, a down time is good for consulting, as companies are often willing to pay an outside person where they are unwilling to hire an inside person.