Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Roller Coaster

I haven't been on a roller coaster in years. Even though I'm in close proximity to Six Flags, I just don't have the desire to go stand in line for 20 minutes to enjoy 60 seconds of "whoo-hoo!"

Besides, I get enough of the "whee! I'm flying...oh no, I'm plummeting!" in my day-to-day life. For example, this morning when I checked my email, I had a message from one of the the Major St. Louis Companies with which I had interviewed last week. My inbox shows the beginning of the message, which started out "Thank you for your interest in our company..." and I just knew the rest of it was rejection. I squashed my initial immature desire to just delete it, and read the email - yep, they went with another candidate. I knew they had an in-house applicant and chances are she got the job.

As I was pouting and whining (to my dogs, as no one else is home right now), my phone rang. It was another Major St. Louis Company, with which I had a second interview yesterday. They were inquiring whether I could come in tomorrow for a final interview with the bigwig that I'd be supporting. As I mentally scrambled to re-arrange a few appointments I already had, I very calmly said, "Yes, I know you are looking to fill this position quickly, so I can certainly come in tomorrow." So, I go again tomorrow morning, hopefully to impress the bigwig with my professional demeanor, mad skillz, and general "hire me you won't regret it" attitude.

And then I did the happy dance with my dogs. Who knew greyhounds were so light on their feet?

So who knows if I'll stay up on this sunny peak, or plummet back down into the black pit of despair. You can bet I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

MamaB said...

Good Luck Kim!!! This sounds good, really good! I will say a few prayers for you! Come on sunny peak!

Jill of All Trades said...

Good luck. I hope, hope, hope it is the one for you.

Frogdancer said...

Despair is over rated. Stay happy. (Preferably with a job! Fingers crossed.)

Angie said...

Hope the interview goes well, and if you get it, the job will be a perfect fit for you. And if not, that THE perfect one present itself soon!!

Jakki said...

i so hope it works out!

Unknown said...

So, how did it go?? I hope it was great!