Thursday, September 3, 2009

Settling In

*Note - I accidentally posted this on my Marriage 3.0 blog, so if you read it over there already, excuse the repeat.


I'm starting my third week of work, and I feel pretty comfortable here. Luckily there haven't been any more, uh, incidents, shall we say? I also found the stairwell that goes to all the floors.


The basic job requirements are similar to what I've done before - type, answer the phone, make travel arrangements, etc. - but the industry is much different. The terms and acronyms that I hear bandied about in my area are still mostly a foreign language, but I'm picking up on them slowly. When I hear something that I can translate now, I'm pretty proud of myself. Lame, perhaps, but it makes me feel a little more connected to my job.


My commute is also much better now since I found a shortcut to work. Part of my drive winds through a beautiful residential area, and although I'm only going 30 mph, I'm constantly moving instead of sitting on the highway in traffic trying to avoid being hit by the other drivers who furiously change lanes in the hopes of finding the lane that's moving.


Jessica had a theory - roll down your car windows and turn up your favorite song, and let all your troubles fly out the window. On my drive to work now, I can open my car windows and sunroof and let out my troubles and let in the fresh air and sunshine on the way in to work. It puts me in a good mood.

No comments: