Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nap Time

I am in desperate need of a nap right now. The irony is that I haven’t been plagued with insomnia lately. Go figure.

It could be because I’m sick. I’ve been fighting a sore throat and head congestion for over a week. I’d like to be done now with the nose blowing and coughing and feeling like I’m swallowing glass. I’m perpetually cold-my contraband space heater under my desk is going full blast and I’m wondering if I could have my dad rewire it to be even warmer.

It could be because I’m mentally drained right now, and it’s only going to get worse. The last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster, and my ride may or may not get any easier after next Thursday. Although the judge could decide to “take it under advisement” which is fancy-legal-speak for “I really haven’t decided yet so give me a day or two.” So we would be forced to wait. Again.

I’m looking forward to March 14 like it’s a national holiday. It’s the first day of daylight savings time. It will still be light out when I get home, and not just for 15 minutes. I can get outside and dig in my flower gardens, play basketball with Maddy and take a walk after dinner. All without needing a flashlight.

I know it will be better soon. I just hate this feeling of limbo.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I really hope you get feeling better soon! March 15th is close, and omg I can't wait for the extra hours of sunlight either!

Frogdancer said...

Quick! Get home and have a nanna nap before daylight savings kicks in and makes it too bright!!!!!!

(Hang in there...)