Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ok, So Next Project!

I knew it had been a while since I posted, but I couldn't believe it was last on April 13. I have literally aged since then - I had a birthday. We also celebrated my husband's birthday, a wedding, a cutie-patootie's first birthday, and I went to Chicago and met the US Secretary of Transportation, Ray LaHood.





I also had my first Ikea experience while I was up there, and I got mousetrapped in the store. Seriously, I had to ask a worker how the hell to get out. And then I wound up walking through more fantastic stuff and found a galvanized steel lantern that was perfect for my patio table. So it wasn't all bad. I am planning a return trip and looking into U-Haul rentals. It's probably a good thing it's four hours away.


But I digress. It was great to attend the FocusDriven summit and meet Secretary LaHood along with members of the Illinois legislature, other families who have lost loved ones due to distracted driving, and the lovely Jennifer Smith, founder of FocusDriven. She and I have talked on the phone and emailed so much over the past year I kind of forgot we'd never met face to face. I am excited to begin working with her on law enforcement education.


My next big project is the upcoming fundraiser for Jessica and Kelli, which will be held Saturday, July 23 at the KC Hall in Collinsville, from 7pm to midnight. Maddy suggested the theme of Green Earth - to support Jessica and Kelli's belief in recycling, sustainability, and respecting the planet.


Mark your calendars!




5 comments:

Kathy G said...

I went to an Ikea (in Phoenix) for the first time this year. It's a good thing furniture doesn't fit in carry on luggage!

Hope said...

I seriously <3 ikea. One's opening up near our house. It will not be good for my wallet.

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh my I've never been to an Ikea store and it might not be pretty if I did. The closet one to us I think is Dallas and I just don't travel much. Glad to see you here. I've been missing a bunch lately too.

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

July 23 is on my calendar! I hope I'll be able to get off work!!

Terra said...

Kim, I live about 3 minutes from that Ikea - it's a great store!